My new blogger friend, still life in Buenos Aires, did a “random things” post the other day, and I thought – “Cool! I’ll do that!”
And then I realized, what IS this blog if not just… random things about me? I mean, really. Everything ON here is random. She’s a bit of a mystery, whereas I pretty much just spill it all. She has a clear purpose to her blog. But me? Not so much. So, not QUITE the same effect as hers had, but I’m game, so here goes~
1) I married my very best friend. I’ve known Kris since we were kids – over 20 years. We’ve had our ups and downs, but have always come back stronger than ever. Nobody knows me better, and I don’t know what I’d do without him. On a sidenote – the title of this blog comes from what he calls me, “Ellebee”. (my initials were LB before we got married, and it’s just his nickname for me) Kris is also a super talented graphic designer – I’m so proud of him. You can see his work here.
2) I LOVE musicals and Broadway. When I’m all alone I’ll blast my soundtracks playlist and sing along. I know every single word from “Rent” – dialogue and all. (Oh yeah, I’m a geek) If given the chance to star in a show I’d want to be “Mimi” from Rent or “Elphaba” from Wicked. (I was in all the musicals in high school – but never a leading role. *sigh*)
3) Sometimes, especially if Kris is working late? I’ll have chardonnay and popcorn for dinner. And it is delicious. Hey, don’t knock it ’til you try it.
4) My hair was straight before I got pregnant. Now, it’s just uncooperatively wavy. Oh! Which reminds me, I’m getting my haircut tomorrow. Yikes! I think I’m gonna go for the Pob. Played out? I dunno…
5) I am an excellent speller, and a grammar nazi. However, I once lost a spelling bee on the word “acquiesce”. Aaarrggghhh – I have NEVER misspelled that word since.
6) I cannot watch television with the volume on an odd number. Unless it’s a multiple of 5 – that’s ok. Also, if I look at a digital clock and it shows all the same numbers (i.e. 3:33) I have to kiss the tips of my fingers and make a wish. (I MAY have mild OCD) 🙂
So, now it’s my turn to tag others; I’m just tagging 3 people…
Also, anyone who reads this post is welcome to participate in the Six Random Things list. Here are the rules:
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on the blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
- Tag people at the end of your post.
- Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
One more thing – I’m participating in NaBloPoMo. Because ya know, I don’t have anything else to do. 🙂 We’ll see if I can successfully post something here everyday in November…